The Audio Technician is responsible for the running of the production and guest artist shows. The technician will oversee the operation of all Audio Systems onboard. Assist other technicians with scenery changeovers and maintenance.
The Audio Technician is expected to maintain and inspect all audio equipment and to track inventory in order to ensure that all related equipment and supplies are available for the shows. This person must also be available to assist other technicians whenever needed.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of complex Musical/variety theatrical Audio design.
- Advanced knowledge of both Analogue and digital Audio console (For example; Yamaha PM1D, PM5D, M7, PM3500, Midas Heritage) Shure Wireless microphones. Lexicon effects processors, Tape and hard drive playback systems. Various gate and compression units.
- Two years of experience in Musical Theater is preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Musical theatre productions, backstage operations and safe rigging practices.
- Advanced knowledge of Audio systems.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Outlook.
Associates Degree in Technical Theatre or a related field of study; Appropriate vocational/technical training and/or experience may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required degree.