We are looking for a candidate with language skills, Fluent English, and 2 or 3 other languages (including German)
- Receives and handles special requests from non-English-speaking groups and
- Works in conjunction with, and assists, the Group Services Coordinator and Guest
Service Manager with handling special requests such as Honeymoon set-ups,
Anniversary Packages, Birthday Packages, special dietary needs, medical needs, etc.
for non-English-speaking guests. Follows up to ensure departments responsible
have completed the requirements.
- Contacts Group Leaders of non-English-speaking guests to assist the Group Services
Coordinator in organizing group events.
- Contacts non-English-speaking guests when necessary to offer assistance in making
restaurant bookings, ordering special local/dietary food, arranging special tours on
board and with shore excursions.
- Available for daily, advertised desk hours at the Guest Services Desk to answer
questions and provide assistance to non-English-speaking guests.
- Assists at embarkation, disembarkation and port talks, as well as being present
during these times to assist non-English-speaking guests where necessary. Available
at Immigration and Customs inspections, etc.
- Conducts Embarkation/Disembarkation talks when numbers of non-English-speaking
- Available to act as translator for non-English speaking guests needing to
communicate with shipboard departments including, but not limited to, Medical,
Security, Revenue outlets, Restaurant, Senior management.
- Coordinates announcements and the translation/printing of the Freestyle Daily, into
the required languages relative to the non-English-speaking guest ratio on board
- Available to make updates to other printed collateral where changes occur, including
Menus, Shore Excursion Order Forms etc.
- Utilizes the translated materials available on WayPoint and submits updates and
additions to the Manager, Hotel Operations for inclusion.
- Meets and greets their respective Spanish, German, French, Italian, Russian guests
- Assists with related collateral for all non-English-speaking guests and ensures