The Lighting Technician is responsible for the basic maintenance, repair and operation of Entertainment Lighting Systems for all shows. The technician will also perform preventive maintenance & basic repair on lighting systems, while assisting other technicians with scenery changovers and maintenance.
The Lighting Technician is expected to maintain and inspect all lighting equipment and to track inventory in order to ensure that all related equipment and supplies are available for the shows. This person must also be available to assist other technicians whenever needed.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Two years experience running lights in a theatrical setting or four years experience in various venues such as ships, theatres clubs.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Musical theatre productions, backstage operations and safe rigging practices.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of moving lights programming and design including Various Martin Products. (for example Mac600, Mac2k, Mac250krypton, Mac500, MAC TW1) Various laser systems including Pangolin. Various High End products (for example DL1, catalyst etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of various light systems which include Martin Maxxyz Compact, Light Jockey, Maxxyz PC, Mac 2000, Mac III, Mac 250, 550,101,301, Seachangers, Color scrollers, High-end DL1’s, various Lasers, Dayton Watch out systems.
- Intermediate knowledge of Audio systems.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Outlook.